December 12th, 2007
Would you like to give gifts that you don’t have to wrap? In fact, it doesn’t even cost you any money and it’s very meaningful! What can be better than that?
Here they are:
1. Give a compliment. The cashier has been on her feet all day, and everyone in the long line is probably mad at her for no good reason. Give her a compliment for her work, and wish her a Merry Christmas. Give a compliment to each member of your family. We often take them for granted.
2. Give a hug. We generally go through our day without giving a thought to anyone else but our own agenda. Take a moment and give your friends and family a hug today. A little affection says more than words could ever say.
3. Give a call to a friend you haven’t talked to for a while, or an old aunt or uncle, or an old neighbor.
4. Give some time to a shut-in. A half-hour visit won’t kill you but it would mean a lot to a lonely elderly.
5. Give a smile to people as you walk pass them in the mall or to the people standing in line with you. Tis the season to be jolly, so let’s be jolly! Your smile will be infectious.