January 5th, 2011
People often begin the new year with a recollection of the past year.
I honestly can’t remember all that went on in 2010…I am not good with taking pictures, and I’m not good with scrapbooking where I can flip through the pages of memories.
So rather than thinking back, I am going to start the new year with positive thoughts of listing my favorite things, reminiscent of “raindrops of roses and whiskers on kittens”, without the rhyme.
- strong green tea, it’s good for you.
- the scent of my sugar cookie candle.
- braiding my daughter’s soft clean hair.
- hot won ton soup on a cold day.
- control Z, undo a blogging mistake.
- library books, free.
- my friend’s green thumb, she shares her home grown veggies with me.
- hotel rooms, someone else to make the bed and clean the bathroom.
- the ocean breeze and the sound of waves.
- being indoors when it’s raining outside.
- tears from laughing hard.
- camping out in the living room with the kids.
Happy New Year!